Difference between revisions of "Armenia books"
From Peace Corps Wiki
m (1 revision imported)
Latest revision as of 12:16, 23 August 2016
Armenia Articles | History of Peace Corps in Armenia | Living conditions and volunteer lifestyles in Armenia | Training in Armenia | Health care and safety in Armenia | Diversity and cross-cultural issues in Armenia | Packing List for Armenia | Pre Departure Checklist for Armenia | Books | FAQs about Peace Corps in Armenia | Web Resources | Armenia volunteers | Armenia Volunteer Site Postings
Recommend Books about the Region
- Montefiore, Simon Sebag. Young Stalin. Knopf, 2007
- Remnick, David. Lenin's Tomb: The Last Days of the Soviet Empire. Vintage, 1994
Recommended Books about Armenia
- Balakian, Peter. Black Dog of Fate: A Memoir. New York: Broadway Books, 1998.
- De Waal, Thomas. Black Garden: Armenia and Azerbaijan through Peace and War. New York: NYU Press, 2004.
- Marsden, Philip. The Crossing Palace: A Journey Among the Armenians. New York: Kodansha America, 1993.
- Suny, Ronald Grigor. Looking Toward Ararat: Armenia in Modern History. Bloomington: Indiana University Press, 1993.
Books About the History of the Peace Corps
- Hoffman, Elizabeth Cobbs. All You Need is Love: The Peace Corps and the Spirit of the 1960’s. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press, 2000.
- Rice, Gerald T. The Bold Experiment: JFK’s Peace Corps. Notre Dame, IN: University of Notre Dame Press, 1985.
- Stossel, Scott. Sarge: The Life and Times of Sargent Shriver. Washington, DC: Smithsonian Institution Press, 2004.
Books on the Volunteer Experience
- Dirlam, Sharon. Beyond Siberia: Two Years in a Forgotten Place. Santa Barbara, CA: McSeas Books, 2004.
- Casebolt, Marjorie DeMoss. Margarita: A Guatemalan Peace Corps Experience. Gig Harbor, WA: Red Apple Publishing, 2000.
- Erdman, Sarah. Nine Hills to Nambonkaha: Two Years in the Heart of an African Village. New York, NY: Picador, 2003.
- Hessler, Peter. River Town: Two Years on the Yangtze. New York, NY: Perennial, 2001.
- Kennedy, Geraldine (ed.). From the Center of the Earth: Stories out of the Peace Corps. Santa Monica, CA: Clover Park Press, 1991.
- Thompsen, Moritz. Living Poor: A Peace Corps Chronicle. Seattle, WA: University of Washington Press, 1997 (reprint).