Difference between pages "Hope for a Better Future - Youth Camp" and "Hotline"

From Peace Corps Wiki
(Difference between pages)
Jump to: navigation, search
m (1 revision imported)
 
(New page: Hotline is an online bulletin of employment and educational opportunities for returned Peace Corps Volunteers that is published twice a month. Each issue includes resources related to ca...)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
{{Project
+
Hotline is an online bulletin of employment and educational opportunities for returned Peace Corps Volunteers that is published twice a month.  
|project=Hope for a Better Future - Youth Camp
+
 
|projecttype=PCPP
+
Each issue includes resources related to career and education opportunities, transition issues, and/or third-goal activities. Hotline contains job announcements from employers who are specifically interested in hiring returned Volunteers and announcements from educational institutions who are looking to enroll returned Volunteers in educational programs. You'll also find relevant information about career and job search workshops, Peace Corps Fellows/USA program updates, Coverdell World Wise Schools information and Crisis Corps opportunities.
|site=Albania
+
 
|country=Albania
+
Returned Volunteers will receive semimonthly Hotline alerts via e-mail for two years after Close of Service (COS).
|firstname=L
+
 
|lastname=Surrett
+
==External Links==
|state=Wisconsin
+
[http://www.peacecorps.gov/index.cfm?shell=resources.former.hotline Hotline] Official US Peace Corps Website
|communityfunds=$707.79
 
|communitypercentage=29%
 
|neededfunds=$1405
 
|requestedfunds=$1654.19
 
|projectnumber=304-011
 
|projectyear=2009
 
}}
 
The best investment anyone can make is in the future of a child. This is an opportunity to have an impact on the lives of 45 children. These children do not have the opportunity to attend school, see the world beyond their own neighborhood, or participate in extracurricular activities with their peers. With this project, these children will learn valuable life skills, see another part of their own country, and participate in activities with their peers. For one week, these children will have a once in a lifetime chance to experience what childhood is all about. Through group activities these children will learn about team work, cooperation, respect and leadership. They will have a chance to build their self-esteem and see that they are capable of doing many things that they didn’t consider before. With adult volunteers helping to guide them to see their true potential, they will have their eyes open to a whole world of new possibilities.
 
This project is a small project with the chance to make a huge difference in the community. As such, the municipality has promised to fund 30% of the total project. This will include the round-trip transportation. The remaining 70% of the project that will be funded through this Peace Corps Partnership Grant includes all food and snacks, rent for the beds, basic materials (paper, pens, pencils, markers etc.), cleaning supplies, and the pay to be given to the Director of the camp.
 
Please consider helping to fund this project and by doing so know that you will have touched a life of a child.
 

Revision as of 09:31, 5 July 2007

Hotline is an online bulletin of employment and educational opportunities for returned Peace Corps Volunteers that is published twice a month.

Each issue includes resources related to career and education opportunities, transition issues, and/or third-goal activities. Hotline contains job announcements from employers who are specifically interested in hiring returned Volunteers and announcements from educational institutions who are looking to enroll returned Volunteers in educational programs. You'll also find relevant information about career and job search workshops, Peace Corps Fellows/USA program updates, Coverdell World Wise Schools information and Crisis Corps opportunities.

Returned Volunteers will receive semimonthly Hotline alerts via e-mail for two years after Close of Service (COS).

External Links

Hotline Official US Peace Corps Website