From Peace Corps Wiki
 Albania Page
Updated the flag. The sites were not deleted but moved to Albania sites with a link at the bottom of Albania under "See also:". You can put them back in the Albania main page if you wish. Mike 18:48, 9 April 2008 (UTC)
Thanks for the suggestions, would like to involve you in the project.... As for breaking down the text, currently only Armenia and Belize are broken down... Check: http://www.peacecorpswiki.org/Laura_Holt this an idea about a possible breakdown. Thanks again man! --Willd 09:31, 6 March 2008 (PST)
Drop me an email at willjermuk (at) yahoo (dot) (com)...I will get you involved in the discussion off wiki discussion, look forward to working with you Cheers, --Willd 09:41, 6 March 2008 (PST)
 Deleted Welcome book
Hey man, we want to keep the welcome books on the wiki so that people can use them and edit them anywhere. Again see Armenia for the plan for breaking down the welcome books....if you have a question drop me an email. --Willd 09:22, 8 March 2008 (PST)
 Added a bunch of templates and made some pages
You are the target user... on the ground in country, this who I think the wiki can be most useful to...again the navigation and templates are trials so your welcome to change and optimize any aspect.--Willd 10:38, 8 March 2008 (PST)
- The content for Peace Corps Welcome books is currently the foundation of the wiki and is meant to be expanded and updated ...the edits will be recorded as user contributed. The static PC stuff, reports...etc... will be available in PDF format. Sign your name at the top....."this page on "" was created by Hajenso in ""...so you credit your self.
- You bring up a good point about the merging pages and categories...the listings of category members at the bottom of the category page are helpful especially when the page subject is so broad...like a country...I only saw the redirects as temporary. Do some changes we can talk again.
- The category names should be plural, this makes sense, I start from doing this from now on. Capitalize only the first letter of the category? How about a volunteer name... like: "John Bloom", it's "John bloom"?
- We need a list of stylistic conventions, largely based on Wikipedia...but modified for us, Can you do these?
- Checkout how the templates work, because some new ones have be made soon to catch all the volunteer articles;)
- I'm making a list of all the country "admins"
- Been busy getting the nonprofit stuff sorted.
Good work the Albania Sites, you could be the poster country for the peacecorpswiki sites! Again, the templates at wikitravel.org are great to check out, you're going to be ruling this wiki over the next few years...cheers --Willd 11:34, 8 March 2008 (PST)
 More thought on Categories
In addition, we think that we will eventually be using a semantic wiki feature, so we keep our categories distinct ....for example instead of Category:Organizations_in_Eastern_Europe, we would have Category:Eastern_Europe and Category:Organizations knowing that eventually users could search on both terms. This is a little different from how we are doing it now...and needs to be considered carefully.
 Quick note
There are few admin things that holding up the updates on the volunteers templates...please be patient.--Willd 13:57, 9 March 2008 (PDT)
 Country bar: Active and inactive
The box looks good, try it out on Albania, however it's a bit long...design-wise it runs off the screen...did you find the flag image...it's on the wiki. I would focus on things that aren't on the CIA page or wikipedia entry...example a time-line on when the country was active and inactive, general stats are nice but not necessary as this is about PC.
 Note about the Welcome Books
I understand your desire to add welcome book to title but this may cause confusion later. These are public docs and can be free ported and rearranged anyway we want...if they are still attached the welcome books it will cause confusion as the wiki is organized they recategorized differently, furthermore...the articles names need to short and punchy, not descriptive of where they originate...that can be included within the article as a reference mention, please consider this.....most people will ask what's a welcome book? Just have them go to PC for the official Welcome Books...we are using the welcomes to seed the country categories.
 Site box
A site box was added.. Things are moving ahead on the volunteer forms, a complete revision is in order, did you think about the permissions issue any? Good work on the country box, going to add it to Armenia.--Willd 10:42, 13 March 2008 (PDT)
 Nice page
Good start, this is concise and with be added too as the style framework forms --Willd 10:10, 19 March 2008 (PDT)
 Site name issue, suggestion
The site articles like person article should not need the country with them; this syntax will become confusing to people the future and more work for admins to sort. I recommend that unless there are several "bobo" sites in Africa there should be one one unique "bobo" article..... if another "bobo" is found in another country both article names will change to "Bobo,Mali" and "Bobo,Tanzania" --Willd 10:24, 19 March 2008 (PDT)
 Wikispot and Davis wiki contacts
- Mike is formating all the country pages to look something like this: http://www.peacecorpswiki.org/The_Gambia
Would you like to update Albania? He also included some new info in the style guide.
- It's generous of your roommate to offer to help out, the wikispot technology looks neat. I would like to learn more about it and get him involved. This is a new form...a little better than the one we were using earlier, any thoughts. http://www.peacecorpswiki.org/Special:Form/Volunteer , http://www.peacecorpswiki.org/blog/ How's life over there?
--Will 11:59, 27 March 2008 (PDT)
 Update, wow it's been a year!
I saw you changed your site page, cool. Work as been slow and steady for the past year and we been able to implement most improvements we envisioned including semantics.... as folks have time. Your earlier work on the sites set a great framework to build out the template:infobox . User:Chanbot in Ecuador ran with it and started creating sites all over Ecuador Ecuador sites.
User:Mike put a few up on the wiki...those were the one we could find.
--Willbot 15:20, 30 April 2009 (UTC)
You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reason:
Peace Corps Wiki has restricted the ability to create new pages. You can go back and edit an existing page, or log in or create an account.
You can view and copy the source of this page:
Return to User talk:Hajenso.