From Peace Corps Wiki
|Help - Main page|
|* Editing help|
|* Add a page|
|* Request for help|
|* PC Wiki page features|
|* Picture help|
|* Style guide|
|* Guidelines for contributors|
|* Documentation philosophy|
|* User settings|
Merge this with PeacecorpsWiki style guide.
- A page can be added to one or more category by typing
[[Category:Category name]], for example
[[Category:Teacher]], at the bottom of the page.
- To ensure that pages in the Development namespace are listed in alphabetical order on a category page, the page name should be include in the category link i.e.
[[Category:Developer|New page name]].
- Categories lists all Moodle Docs categories.
- To improve the browsing of Moodle Docs by category, please categorize category pages too. This will result in subcategories being created. For example, Category:Capabilities is categorized as "Administrator" and "Roles", and appears as a subcategory in Category:Administrator and Category:Roles.
- It is not necessary to categorize pages in a subcategory with the same category as the category page. For example, none of the pages in Category:Capabilities need to be categorized as "Administrator" or "Roles".
- For further information about categories and how they work in MediaWiki, please refer to the Wikipedia:Categorization.
On this wiki we will have limited space, so will only allow the editor to upload pictures. These instructions will be for our more permenant PeacecorpsWiki.
- You are encouraged to illustrate documentation with pictures.
- Pictures be GIF, JPEG or PNG format, with 72ppi resolution, and maximum width 800px.
- Pictures can be uploaded using the toolbox Upload file link.
- Please name pictures descriptively to avoid confusion and duplicate names.
- To include the picture in an article, use a link in the form
- Please do not apply effects such as borders, watermarks or drop shadows to pictures. This will allow others to add or replace pictures over time and still maintain a consistent look and feel to articles.
- For help on image placement and adding an image caption, please refer to the Wikipedia Picture tutorial.
- In MediaWiki, a template is a page which can be inserted into another page. For example, the PeacecorpsWiki help block on this page is a template. Please be respectful when adding a template and if you don't know how to add one but see a need, contact Greg or Chris.
- A template may be added to a page by typing
- All pages (Template namespace) lists all Moodle Docs templates.
- Please refer to the MediaWiki Template help for further information.