Northern California Peace Corps Association
From Peace Corps Wiki
(Difference between revisions)
(NorCal PCA intro)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 20:31, 26 August 2008
- Dec-13 Friday Happy Hour and Group Elections Santa Cruz
- For the December RPCV Social, we will be meeting at Kianti's Pizza and Pasta Bar. All of our RPCV socials are open to RPCVs of all ages - whether you just returned yesterday, or returned 50 years ago, come, and bring your friends if they don't mind hearing a lot of indecipherable Peace Corps acronyms. Meet new people, have dinner with old friends, share PC stories, network, and hear about other upcoming RPCV events. This will also be a great opportunity to plan future activities for 2014. [?]
- Dec-14 Saturday Children Craft Fair Oakland
- We need volunteers for craft stations to help kids make gifts for family and friends for this event. Lots of volunteer time and effort goes into prepping the materials for the kids. Prices range from 50 cents to $3 to cover the cost of the raw materials. And the children walk away with 10-15 hand made gifts for a very reasonable amount and scholarships are provided to any child who cannot afford the cost.
- Dec-19 Thursday Holiday Dinner and Slideshow Palo Alto
- Come join us for a little Holiday Dinner and RPCV Holiday's slide show. Send digital photos of you celebrating local holidays during your Peace Corps service. If you don't have photos, no problem but be ready to share stories about holidays in your country of service. Please send photos and RSVP to Alicea at firstname.lastname@example.org by Dec 17th. Any questions or other info you can also contact Christa at email@example.com [?]
The NorCal Peace Corps Association has been rumored to be the second largest association of Returned Peace Corps Volunteers, second only to the National Peace Corps Association in terms of size and membership.