From Peace Corps Wiki
Revision as of 21:57, 15 June 2008 by Wikibot
Description of Service
- Assignment: Ministry of Natural Resources and Peace Corps/Honduras. Sep. 1981 to Jan. 1985.
- Organized, planned and developed financial analysis of development projects for dairy farms within assigned region.
- Supervised and trained staff personnel on genetic improvement.
- Managed and administered health and breeding programs for regional goat center.
- Organized and trained groups of farmers in animal feeding and animal husbandry managing methods.
- Secondary projects included proposals with international organizations such as WID, Heifer International, Trickle Up and the Peace Corps’ Partnership Program.
Peace Corps Area Manager
December 1990 to October 1994
- Directed and supervised all recruitment activities in the state of Florida, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands.
- Implemented national and regional recruitment strategies formulated goals and oversaw a program budget of $100 thousand.
APCD Agriculture: Peace Corps/Honduras
October 1994 to June 1998
- Responsible for coordinating Peace Corps’ agricultural sector. Mayor duties included:
- Developing sustainable agriculture project plans,
- Supporting and supervision of Peace Corps Volunteer,
- Maintaining quality programming and training of Volunteers,
- M&E of agriculture projects ensuring that development goals were consistent with those of host government.
Crisis Corps Director Honduras
December 1998 to June 1999.
- Responsible for the implementation of Crisis Corps’ emergency response in Honduras. Mayor duties included:
- Designing strategic plans and development of integrated disaster response strategies,
- Writing job descriptions and assignments,
- Coordinating relief interventions with NGOs and host country agencies,