From Peace Corps Wiki
Description of Service
- Assignment: Ministry of Natural Resources and Peace Corps/Honduras. Sep. 1981 to Jan. 1985.
- Organized, planned and developed financial analysis of development projects for dairy farms within assigned region.
- Supervised and trained staff personnel on genetic improvement.
- Managed and administered health and breeding programs for regional goat center.
- Organized and trained groups of farmers in animal feeding and animal husbandry managing methods.
- Secondary projects included proposals with international organizations such as WID, Heifer International, Trickle Up and the Peace Corps’ Partnership Program.
Peace Corps Area Manager
December 1990 to October 1994 Directed and supervised all recruitment activities in the state of Florida, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands. Implemented national and regional recruitment strategies formulated goals and oversaw a program budget of $100 thousand.
APCD Agriculture: Peace Corps/Honduras
October 1994 to June 1998
- Responsible for coordinating Peace Corps’ agricultural sector. Mayor duties included:
- Developing sustainable agriculture project plans,
- Supporting and supervision of Peace Corps Volunteer,
- Maintaining quality programming and training of Volunteers,
- M&E of agriculture projects ensuring that development goals were consistent with those of host government.
Crisis Corps Director/Honduras
December 1998 to June 1999.
- Responsible for the implementation of Crisis Corps’ emergency response in Honduras. Mayor duties included:
- Designing strategic planns and development of integrated disaster response strategies,
- Writing job descriptions and assignments,
- Coordinating relief interventions with NGOs and host country agencies,